2.17.2013

Sisters

 We laughed when we found Cora with her hands like this, Oli was so excited, she's saying a prayer! We hope it was a prayer of gratitude for sending her to our family because we sure feel blessed to have her!
Cecily has taken on her role as big sister to another sibling wonderfully. She would hold and feed Cora all day. She loves her sister and treats her so wonderfully and like her little doll. I am so excited for these two and hope they will be great friends! Cecily insists she will never get bugged by Cora even when she is getting into all her stuff one day. We'll see!

Cecily was so excited to have her half birthday the day after Cora was born. A few things about CC right now.
~She loves school and all that it entails, she has made many great friends and loves her teacher Mrs. Bond. She is doing really well in all her subjects at school. She is a perfectionist so she tends to resist new things she is learning, everyday when she brings out her homework she whines and says "its going to be hard!" Then does it in five minuets and says "that was easy peasy lemon squeasy" I asked her why she says it every time (it gets a little old, convincing her to do her homework each day) She said its because she's worried she wont do it right the first time. That explains her to a T. She puts so much pressure on herself to do everything perfect the first time. we have lots of talks about practice makes perfect and we have to learn new things to be able to do them. She is a great reader and I love having her read to me each morning while I get ready!

~She is taking gymnastics and doing really well at that. She is getting really strong and can do handstand pushups against the wall. She loves gymnastics and would go everyday if she could!

~She is such a great helper and so responsible, I have to catch myself from asking her to help me to often, I have to beg her to play with her toys. She is so mature and adult like for her age, I often forget how little she really is. I don't want her to look back at her child hood and only remember being a little mommy. How do you convince a kid to just be a kid?

~She is so sweet and caring, like I said she is beyond her years so she worries about things and people unlike any 5 yr old I know. She and I are so similar it crazy. She is just like me now as an adult. Not so much like I was as a child.

~She loves to be outside riding her bike or scooter when the weather permits, she still loves swimming and doing art. She loves to play any pretend play games like being Mommy with her dolls, restaurant, etc.

~She is so fun and happy, testing her limits with Kreg and I, trying to get away with as much attitude as she can. Hopefully this stage will blow over quickly.

~We just love our CC girl and all the spunk and joy she brings to our home! We love watching her learn and grow and perform all her new talents! We feel very blessed to have three great children!

No comments: