5.18.2009

Thrift store finds

CC and I have been scouring the thrift stores in the twin cities for any sweet deals we can find! and boy have I found some! I am working on re-decorating a few rooms in our house and I'm only getting things from thrift stores, I want to see how inexpensively I can do it. Most of the items take some cleaning and painting but somethings I have found brand new! I told you about the S.A. from target well it has things from other stores as well. I have found NEW sheets from Pottery Barn for $6, This New in the package for $7 This new in package for $1 I mostly bought it for a pattern to make some more, brand new sheets and curtains for $4-$6 from target, two duvet covers from Target for $6 (one pictured below).I was telling my sister today that I love minnesota for its shopping especially the thrifts stores! Its crazy but there are a lot of wealthy people here that take good care of their stuff then donate it so I can buy it! anyway stay tuned for some furniture re-dos and fun home decor that I've been making!

8 comments:

Brittani said...

that is almost the exact hooter hider that i have! how awesome

Shari said...

So if I send you a shopping list...LOL Wow, you are finding some awesome deals.

Katie and Rob said...

I love good deals! I am a yard saleing junkie! No reason to pay full price if you can find it for less :) Way to go!

Larry & Erica Evans said...

holy cow. lucky duck. can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Courtney said...

that is so awesome!! i miss seattle for that reason. Thrift stores and estate sales. But its hard to get sweet stuff at the DI but i am always looking, there prices are expensive sometime though!

Andrea said...

ARE U KIDDING ME!?!?! I'm SOOOOOO stinking jealous beyond words.

Ashley Pennock Johnson said...

Okay Anna, I am soooooo jealous!!!! I would be out everyday finding stuff. I live for great deals! So when can I come visit!?!?!? Ha Ha. Maybe you could start a personal shopping business for all the people back home. We could all send you lists of what we want with our money. Then you add on a fee for your time!!! Oh Anna, I definately might be looking into that with you!!!!! Everytime I am at Target and see stuff, I automatically think of you and CC getting the good deals!!! Congrats to Kreg for finishing his first year of law school!!! Yeah! Love ya!

Kate Riley said...

Oh, I must have those PB sheets, what a find !

I got your message about the chair - it sounds like you followed all the steps correctly, but there must have been some chemical reaction somewhere. Send me a pic and your product list and I'll try to figure it out.