5.19.2009

Projects

Good morning CC! How are your eggs?

Cecily Loves the warm weather she can get naked and go outside to paint, play in the water, and get DIRTY!


I have been in major craft mode lately, I guess its due to having so much extra alone time. I really dont want this blog to turn into a craft blog but this is what we have been doing.....(note most if not all of these projects came from thrift store supplies)

My friend just had a baby and I told her I wanted to make something for her, she requested a Tag blanket, It was the first one I have ever made, Super easy but I think I will shorten the ribbons next time!

This Lamp shade came with a thrift store lamp I got last year I finally got around to redoing it. I dont love it but it will do for now until I find a new idea!
I made a crayon roll for CC and one for her cousin Colten for his b-day (his not pictured)
I am slowly putting things together for CC's big girl room for when she gets out of the crib, well I got a couple of these placemats from Target and thought they would be great as pillows so...
I found 3 of these beauties for .49 each I knew with a little paint and some distressing they would look fab! I made another one "ballet Slipper pink" still not sure what to do with the 3rd either to match the pink or ivory or maybe its own color!
Even CC gets in on the creativity! She was sick sunday so we stayed home from church, it was such a nice day so we sat on the deck, I was writing in her baby book and she wanted to "lolor" (color) too, so I told her to get shoes and I think her sandals look great with her Christmas P.J.'s!

Here is my made over bed! I am really happy with how the duvet turned out, I made the duvet out of two sheets and just stuck my comforter inside! The sheet shown was the one for pottery barn, its a really wrinkly fabric so I made these kissing pleats to give it a little something more and to help disguise the wrinkles. (its hard to tell in the pic but if you click the picture to make it larger you will see better)I was inspired by this:Its a fun change for spring and summer. I will show the other side when I get tired of this one.But for now the bed is girly and I love it! I still have to do a different bedskirt and figure out the pillow situation.
I bought a vintage looking pillow case and turned it into a pillow for CC's big girl room:
An apron for a friend who had a B-day:
And to livin' up the sewing machine cover I made:
These little friends live in our yard, CC loves the "Munny's" as she calls them! We live in the Metro just 10 min fom downtown but with these wild bunnys everywhere it makes me feel like we live in the forest! Its really fun!

11 comments:

Mamawags said...

Anna, I'm jealous of all the fun sewing and crafty projects you've been doing!! Great job too... everything looks great. Maybe you'll inspire me to do a few when school gets out next week....

The Robinson's said...

Love all the crafty projects! You have been busy.
Looks like the weather has been a little better for you. CC is not so bundled up! Ha ha She sure is a cutie! I can't believe how much hair she has grown.
Sorry I didn't get much time to talk to you while you were visiting back in April. Hopefully next time. Send me your email and I'll send my blog to you. swissfamrobinson@att.net let me know in the subject line that its you.
Take care,
Juanita

Sarah Jackman said...

Everything turned out so well! I'm jealous of the car seat cover you found, and the duvet cover is really cute...even if Kreg is all girled out. I'm going to have to come out there with an extra suit case sometime!

Andrea said...

u are so talented!

Courtney said...

hey i love all you've made. I have some things i've made to post when i get to it!!

Cassie said...

Anna, you are so talented! I wish I lived near those thrift stores...I need to do some research on ones here in Nashville.

Cherisse said...

Wow, all your things are very nice! Good Job!

Sara said...

How cute, crafty, and fun! When are you coming over to play and craft with us? Sage just said the pic of CC made her happy. You have definitely been staying busy.

The Chatterton Family said...

I'm inspired. Fun projects, you are so talented.

Susan said...

Anna, I'm so glad you keep your blog up to date so I can see all the great things your are doing. You are so talented! I love see the things that Cecily is doing. Keep posting all those pictures!!!!

Amanda and Levin Gunter said...

I'm impressed. Where do you get your fabric. The only place around here with cute fabric is selling it for $10 a yard. Yuck! We're too poor for that ;(