6.17.2013

Who needs an appendix anyway...

Friday evening we went to dinner with Mom and Scott's family, I felt a little sick after, but I thought it was just because I was full. That night I woke up feeling awful, I thought maybe it was the flu since Cecily had it earlier in the week. Saturday morning the pain was so bad I couldn't go to Cecily's Gymnastics recital. I cried over the sharp pains in my tummy. I still thought it was the flu since I also felt nauseous. I asked Kreg to give me a blessing before he left for the recital. He told me to go to the ER but I insisted I was fine and it was just the flu, I thought if I threw up I would feel better. So they left and I threw up but it did nothing but make it worse. I toughed it out till 5 pm and then finally looked online at appendicitis symptoms, sure enough I had about 90% of the symptoms. I told kreg we needed to go to the ER. We sent the kids to the neighbors and went to the hospital just down the street. I was in so much pain and so desperate for relief I couldn't really talk or think about anything. They gave me Morphine which helped so much, I was nervous to have it since I had such horrible side affects from it when I had my C section with Cora, but thankfully I just felt relief. The nurses and DRs did all the blood work and CT scans to confirm the appendix needed to come out. I honestly could not wait for surgery. I had my appendix out around 9 pm Saturday night. The DR said there was a lot of fluid in my stomach as well so he thinks I had an ovarian cyst that burst. When I woke up from surgery I immediately felt better! I stayed the night and went home Sunday morning. I am doing much better now, just resting a lot in bed and taking short walks. The CO2 gas they filled my stomach with during surgery is what is causing the pain now, it goes up into my shoulders and neck. It makes it hard to breath or do much of anything but I am hopeful it will be much better in the next couple of days.
 It all happened so fast and as intense as it was I am already starting to forget it! Which I am so thankful for. It was by far the worse pain I had ever felt. Now it just feels like deja vu recovering from yet another surgery. I just did this a few months ago. I am so grateful for my Mom for coming back from Ogden just a couple of hours after getting home and for my amazing Kreg for taking care of me, the kids, and the house while I am sick! He is amazing and so helpful! I have great friends too that have brought over dinner, treats, and flowers as well as helping take care of my kids! I feel so blessed through it all and am grateful for experiences that help me to learn and become stronger and learn from others love and generosity!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rich is missing an appendix too! Not fun stuff, but glad you are okay!

Unknown said...

That does not sound fun at all. I'm so glad you got online and figured it all out before it became more serious than it was. Hope you are feeling 100% real soon. :)

Laurie and Ben said...

Oh my! So glad you're ok!

Mamawags said...

An appendicitis is the worst!!! Welcome to the no appendix club-- I had mine out when I was 14. The good thing is-- is that you only have 1!!!
I wish you a speedy recovery!!! :)