2.27.2009

Things I have observed about Minnesota (caution slight exzageration involved)

~There are WAYYYY more churches here than even Utah. Of course not all L.D.S. churches but churches of all different FAITHS. Everywhere you turn there is a church and unlike any other. I figure that is why people are so nice here, they must all have some religous background to make them kind and loving towards others.

~Just when you thought it couldnt get colder it does! I used to think Rexburg was bad but I had no idea what cold was until we moved to Minnesota...I now long for those "mild" Utah winters!

~ Like churches minnesota has millions of Gyms/Fitness centers. They are everywhere and they have pretty much any gym you want to go to. I recently got a membership to the YMCA and I love it! Its no wonder why Minneapolis is rated the most active city! Aside from people going to the gym these people are crazy and dont let the cold stop them from running outside in the -20 and below!

~ There really are 10,000 lakes PERIOD.

~The accent is really funny and I really hope I dont pick it up or CC for that matter!

~ Hockey is like a religon... They have Hockey rinks in every park in the winter, we have one across the street from our house and I will hear kids outside playing until like 10:00 PM when its beyond freezing outside.

~The Twin cities are very cultured with lots of museums, plenty of shows and performances to see, sporting events, conferences, multicultural activities, ect.

~pretty much all coorporations are based out of Minnesota

~ Target pretty much RUNS the City

~ People really love their dogs here

~ There are more stay at home Dad's than there are stay at home Mom's even in the church...It really is funny when we go to play group and see all the Dads standing in a circle talking to eachother while their infants dangle in the baby bjorn!

No comments: