7.15.2008

MInnesota (long w/o pics)

We had a succesful trip to the mid-west, by succesful I mean we found a place to live! It was a pretty stressful trip as a whole. We left home at 4:00 am california time and got to Minnesota at 1:30pm we rented a car and were on our way to our first house appointment, we saw tons of places and were so not impressed with our choices, we go lost alot (which is my biggest petpeev so you can imagine how impatient I was poor kreg). We were rushing from place to place we didnt get to stop and eat or even go to the bathroom until 6:00pm that night. we ate and checked into our hotel then headed over to the Mall of America ( I had to see something that was good) it was alot of fun I thought it was just one roller coaster inside but oh no its like a full on amusement park, there was a put put golf course an aquarium on top of the hundreds of stores! I pretty sure CC and I will be spending many cold winter days there! We only stayed there for an hour then went back to our hotel, we were so tired from the day.

Sunday we woke up early because we wanted to go see another place before we went to church but ofcourse we got lost and couldnt get there before church so we just went to church. The ward is super small but so so nice! (I had spoken with the bishop and his wife before we went out there and they helped us with finding housing a little) We got invited to FHE by a couple they had said they heard we were coming for a visit! we only stayed for sacrament then went ot go see some more places. Once again we didnt end up eating or stopping to go to the bathroom until we were back at the airport heading home that evening so you can imagine our frustations being hungry, lost, and needing to go to the bathroom! it was just wild!

We ended up picking a place we saw on saturday that was a little more than what we wanted to soend but it will be worth it. Most of the places were around $750-$1100 and overall it was nothing I wanted to pay to live in, More or less you couldnt pay me to live in. Anyway we a renting a duplex that has a lot of what I wanted! My own washer and dryer, no caprpet in the kitchen, dishwashe, garbage disposal, and a covered garage for those cold winter days!! The most exciting part for me is I can paint! I am so excited, I feel like paint on the walls can make or break a house, I am so excited to make this place my own for the next few years of law school! I will of course post pics once we are moved in and settled! Kreg moves out there the 9th of august but CC and I wont be there until the 27th.

10 comments:

Cassie said...

Anna, sounds like a very busy trip. I'm so glad you found a place to live, and being able to paint sounds awesome!! Good luck with the move and everything!

Sarah Jackman said...

I'm glad you found what you were looking for! We'll have to put MN on our list of future vacations!

Morgan said...

Oh I am so glad that it all worked out for you guys!

Kiera said...

Moving is always nerve racking and exciting at the same time! Good luck with it all! CC looks so cute! I love the pillowcase dress!

Chelsie said...

Ah I'm so happy that you guys found a house. Your ward seems so nice, and I think that can make or break a house, so that's good. And i agree, color on the walls can do wonders!! How fun, I'm excited to see pics of this new adventure

Larry & Erica Evans said...

yeah, you found a place!!! Super happy. I am sure you guys will fit in just great! Whenever Larry travels he brings his GPS....Too bad you didn't have one! We will totally miss you when you leave. We still need to get together

melissa o said...

Hey there! That is great that you found a place to live - congrats! You will have to email me and tell me the details. And we should get together for dinner when you guys arrive - our treat!

Mitzi said...

So my husband's little brother just got his mission call and guess where he is going? Minneapolis! I told him that I would ask you what you think of it there, so let me know what you think. Good luck with the big move!

Courtney said...

oh i am so happy for you guys I had Kels do my hair when i was in WA and i don;t know what i am going to do with out you!! ha ha. we miss you guys so much!!

Katie and Rob said...

Congrats on finding a place to live. What an adventure you are starting, you are so lucky! Hope the transition goes well and be sure to enjoy this phase in your life!!