2.18.2008

Applebee's Blondie


I made this last night for a dinner party we went to and it was amazing!! If you have ever had the Maple Butter Blondie at Applebee's you will know what I am talking about! A friend of mine used to work there and whenever I would go visit him we would share one, I was craving it this week so I decided it would be a great thing to make for our dinner. Its super easy and WARNING so not healthy!! Yum Yum! Here's the recipe- I left out the nuts because Kreg doesnt like them and I always get nervous that other people wont like them either so I played it safe and it was still just ast good!
Applebee’s Blondie

ingredients
Brownies

* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup walnuts
* 1/3 cup butter or margarine
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 egg , beaten
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Sauce

* 1/2 cup maple syrup
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
* 1/2 teaspoon maple extract or maple flavoring

Directions

1. Brownies: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

2. Add nuts, mix well, and set aside.

3.Melt butter, add brown sugar, and mix well.

4. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.

5. Gradually combine with flour mixture, mixing well.

6. Stir in white chocolate chips.

7.Pour into a 9-inch square pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

8. Sauce: Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted.

9. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved and remove from heat.

10. Beat in cream cheese and maple extract until smooth.

11. Heat again in the microwave until it reaches desired consistency.

You can use the left over sauce as fruit dip!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

That is my favorite dessert to get at Applebee's! Thanks for sharing that yummy recipe!

Chelsie said...

Mmm that looks good...and I'm all about the easy recipes! Thanks for sharing!

Camille said...

O my gosh! i'm so glad you posted that! it is my all time favorite treat!!

Jen said...

Love the new look of your blog! Thanks for sharing that.

Jen said...

YES! Let's play. I am leaving on Friday for Vegas and I will be back late Monday, so next week would be awesome. I am hoping it gets a little warmer because we could bundle the kiddies up and go to the park!