10.31.2008

A humbled HEART

I have been looking forward to posting on this day for quite a few weeks now, but today my heart is saddened by the content this post holds. It was SUPPOSE to be a joyous topic but has turned sour and it is all that I can do to think positively and not dwell on my sorrow. very few of you knew that we were going to welcome baby #2 into our home may 2009. This post was meant for that good news, it was meant for a means to share our excitement about being parents to another child and for CC to be a big sister. I was waiting for today to post because today was my appointment with the DR. Today was my day to hear the heart beat and finalize the due date. I did indeed go to the DR. today but the outcome was not what I intended it to be. After a nurse and the DR. could not find the heart beat, I was taken to another room for an ultrasound. After not finding the heartbeat with the abdominal U.S. the last hope was used by and internal U.S. the ultrasound tech didn't even need to say a word I knew what I was seeing and what I was NOT hearing. He asked if I wanted a picture, I declined. My heart broke in that moment that I knew my baby #2 was gone..how long had he (I had many dreams it was a boy, In my heart he was my little guy) been gone, I don't know? His little body was there but spirit gone. I always thought that if something like this happened to me I would be fine and it wouldn't be very hard. I was proved ever so wrong about the feelings I would feel. My heart is broken, with all of the plans I had made for my/our future, for my pregnancy, for our welcoming of our baby in may, for our future as a family of four, all of these plans crushed and changed within a matter of seconds because of something I saw on a black and white screen. I told Kreg today that I hated the fact that I told a few people because now I have to tell them our sad news, but as the day has gone on I have felt so overwhelmed with emotions that the only way I can think about moving on is to write about it and move forward. I will always remember this Halloween day for many reasons, today is a day that Kreg and I have had to lean on one another for strength and comfort. Today is a day I am reminded that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my way is not always his way. Today is a day that I am reminded of the blessings I have been given i.e. motherhood, I am so grateful that even though I lost one baby today that I still have my CC I couldn't be more grateful for her and the joy she brings to my life! I will learn from this experience and hopefully grow from it. I hope that my sorrow can comfort others in similar situations. I know how blessed I am and that this could be so much worse but for this instance I am given what I can handle and I am trying to be strong to overcome this trial.

Thank you to our families and friends for your comforting words (messages and texts). It is so nice to know that even though we are halfway across the country from everyone we care for that we are not alone.

I don't know what is in store for us next or if we will ever see that little spirit again but I do know that everything happens for a reason and that this is part of Heavenly Fathers plan for us. I know that families are forever and that means more to me today than ever before. I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life what comfort it brings to me especially in hard times.

I want Kreg to know how much I love him and I am so grateful for his strength and his example to me!

14 comments:

Cassie said...

Anna~ My heart is full for you and Kreg. We would have welcomed our first in April but too had the same thing happen. I know your pain at this time, and know that it will be healed! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tara Mortensen said...

Ohh Anna I wish you were closer so I could give you a huge hug! you bring tears to my eyes reading your beautiful words. Our Prayers are with you and my heart is definately humbled for the things that I take for granted at times! Call me if you need someone to talk to! I wish I could do more! We love you and Miss you!

melissa o said...

I'm so sorry Anna. Please let me know if you need anything.

Larry & Erica Evans said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I never wish this feeling on anyone else. We are going through a super hard time through stuff unfortunately a bit more extensive right now, I will tell you more later in an email. I have learned not to take anything for granted. Perfect little ones are such a miracle!!!!!! Lots of hugs tend to help!!!!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

You and your family are in my prayers. You are a very strong woman!

Susan said...

Anna,
We love you so much. Our hearts are saddened, but comforted in the knowledge that Heavenly Father is in mindful of you and Kreg and your sweet family. Your understanding of the gospel has been deepened through your trial. You are in our thoughts and prayers..but that's nothing new!
Love, Grandma W.

Ryan and Heidi said...

Anna! I'm so sorry and our prayers are with you and your cute little family of yours!

Unknown said...

Anna, your right.. this is a trial and yet you can move forward with a steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope and love. I don't know how you must be feeling but as one who has "lost" someone special to me, all I can say is that the Savior heals "ALL" wounds. But you already knew that! You are in my prayers and my thoughts. If you ever need anything please know that I am here for you! I love you friend!

Kaylyn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is always hard to find words of comfort when you have never experienced the same thing, but I am here if you need to talk. You and Kreg will help each other through this. I just wish I could hug you! Keep your chin up, and try to smile.
Kaylyn

Brittani said...

we are thinking of you!

Katie and Rob said...

Anna, I am so sorry to hear of you loss. I can't even imagine how hard going through a miscarriage would be. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hope you will find peace and comfort

Brittnee said...

I am so sorry that your family has to go thru that. You will see him again, but it will awhile before you do. Love you and your testimony was amazing to read.

Anonymous said...

Kreg and Anna--we sure love you and we, too, have found and find the comfort of others and the knowledge that the gospel brings into our lives at these times. CC will be a big sister so soon!! You are in our prayers!! Love, Aunt Cathy and Uncle Mike

Savannah said...

I admire your courage, strength, and trust in our Heavenly Father at such a difficult time...I hope you will find comfort in His loving arms. You are in my prayers!