9.15.2009

Cecily's 1st day for SCHOOL!!

(I promise she posed like this on her own)
Minnesota is great for Education, The state really emphasizes the importance of it. So much that they start kids in school at age one, Cecily started her first day of preschool today. It is an hour and a half once a week, I go with her for the first 20-30 min and then the 2nd hour I go with the other parents behind a one way mirror where we can watch our kids and also have an adult discussion on things ranging from health to child discipline. I am really excited about it for Cecily's benefit and my own.

CC has been so EXCITED about going to school, how could she not when lots of her friends get to and so does her Dad! She has been talking about wearing a backpack and eating lunch all week. She did really well when we got there, she and I played with play-dough and then sang songs. Then she got to sit down and have "Lunch" (a small snack) while I left with the other Mom's. I thought for sure she would be in hysterics the second I left (like she is with nursery and going to the gym) but she wasn't. I was happy and thought I was in the clear, about 10 min after I left I see her through the window bawling, I see the teacher console her and distract her then I dont see them anymore So I assume she is fine. Well when I pick her up after class the teacher told me she got so sad she caused herself to throw up in the toilet, once she saw it and the teacher explained it would happen again if she didnt stop crying she was fine. I guess the fear of throwing up was worse than the fear of me not coming back! ha. Poor little DRAMA QUEEN!!!

The teachers were really impressed with her speach and the fact that she is potty trained due to the fact that she is by far the youngest in the class!

So Im not sure if this is going to be a repeated event every tuesday when she goes to school or if it had a lot to do with the fact that she woke up at 4:15 am and was up for an hour, or that when I went to check on her this morning she was sleeping WILD like this.....

12 comments:

MarkandFred said...

she looks super cute, but way too big in all of these pics. crazy cesser

Kiera said...

she looks so old in the pictures!! super cute!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

SO CUTE and getting SO BIG! that pose of hers was adorable!! All girl that's forsure!!

Brittani said...

i love having babies who are potty trained early! it makes life so much easier. I also love preschooL! ryann goes and just looooves it

Rick and Collette said...

Your little girl is so cute! I think she looks so much like her daddy. School at age one. That seems crazy but it sounds like it is a great program. Tyler would love something like that. Glad you are doing well. It will be fun to keep updated on each others families.

Chelsie said...

i think that's so great that they start school that early! i wish i could find something like that for coop, i think he needs the social interaction with other kids besides his cousins

The Robinson's said...

WOW! CC looks so big and I love her "diva" pose!

I would love to have a school for my girls like that over here. They can't wait to go like their big brother. Is it expensive though?

Take care.

Devyn Pickett said...

HOW CUTE!!!!! i loooove the pose!

Tara Mortensen said...

I can't believe she is in preschool already and I love love love her backpack! She is adorable and grown up so fast!!

Meg said...

Really she is old enough for school wow! She looks super cute

Cathy said...

Anna- I love the blog--you are doing such a great job and the pictures of Ceecee are soo cute! We love you all and hope that all is well!! Hi to Kreg! Love, Aunt Cathy

Savannah said...

What a cute and sassy little diva. And how neat is that program?! Way cool...