1.06.2008

Christmas in Cali

























We went to California for 3 weeks to celebrate the holidays with Kreg's family, it was so relaxing and really fun, especially because the weather was so warm compared to Rexburg aka ICEBURG! We did lots of shopping and Kreg did lots of golfing. We went to Napa the day after Christmas to celebrate Grandpa W's B-day, Kreg went golfing with his dad, grandpa, and brother and I went shopping in San Fran with my sisters inlaw and Kreg's cousin, while Cecily stayed home with Grandma W and Great Grandma W it was a fun break to go shopping with the girls and enjoy the city life for a day considering the lack of shopping in Idaho!While in Cali Cecily and I really enjoyed going on walks again, we have been going everyday ever since I was pregnant and up until about thanksgiving but it is way to cold and snowy in Idaho so it was nice to take advantage of the warmth and get our walk on! We went to a couple of movies, Kreg and I went on a date and saw I am Legend I about peed my pants I was so scared in that one, and my Mother inlaw and I went and saw PS I Love You, it was not the best movie to see with your mother inlaw, there were a few questionable scenes and it was really awkward, not to mention so sad.
Christmas was fun we were spoiled by both sets of parents and Cecily had fun with all of her new clothes, toys and books. I know she will be more excited next year and even more so the year after! Thank you to everyone for the gifts you gave us and Cecily we really appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity. And thanks especially to Mom and Dad W for letting us come and stay for 3 whole weeks and for all that you do for us!
New years was pretty lame Cecily and I went to bed at 10:30 pm. Once you are married with kids there is nothing cool about new years, plus I like my sleep to much to stay up that late on purpose! Kreg and I got to go on a little getaway to Santa Cruz, It was my Christmas present from Kreg he is so thoughtful. He knows how much I love the beach and I always beg him to take me to Santa Cruz everytime we are in Cali so he planned a little getaway for the two of us. Thanks to Grandma W for watching CC for the night. We stayed in a super cute bed and breakfast, We went to dinner at this really nice restaurant which was a wild experience we decided since we were eating by the beach that we would try lobster, well needless to say we wasted a lot of money on a dinner practically untouched. We both usually love seafood and I am obsessed with sushi but for some reason the idea of having to crack open the shell and pull out the meat just grossed both of us out! ha ha we both took one bite and hated our lives. We ended up going to 7-11 and getting junk food to take back to our place for when we got hungry!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

That's awesome! Gotta love 7-11's! I grew up not far from one and used to ride my bike to it...ha ha lame memories! I am glad you had such a great holiday season! Sorry you are back in Rexburg! You missed some narly snow storms too!

Chelsie said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. Brandon and I have been aching to go to California. That's such a cute present that your hubby gave you! So thoughtful! That's a bummer about the crab...I don't like any seafood so it sounds pretty gross to me...

Jen said...

sounds so fun! I love that you got to get away to Santa Cruz! I am jealous. Welcome back!

Meg said...

That is so sweet what your husband did for you and i agree i don't like seafood either so crab sounds gross, but good for you guys to adventure out and try something new. I am glade that you guys had a great chrismtas.

Jen said...

Hey, I gave Morgan your phone number, I hope that was okay. How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you forever!